Wednesday, November 13, 2002

My gratitude to Allah the Almighty... This Ramadhan is indeed not a lonely Ramadhan... my family members are closely around me... I don't have any classes to attend except a thesis to be submitted... blewp...

Unlike last year's Ramadhan... I even had to break my fast in the classroom... with a bottle of kiwi juice and a bar of muesli... what an incredible experience... It was primarily a bit unbelievable having to break my fast in the classroom... as if I was studying overseas... hahaha... it was just an overstrait... yet I felt like I was not in Malaysia... There were lecturers who did understand and they gave the class and me a half an hour break for me to savour my delicacies and to pray... and... there were lecturers who refused to understand and continued with their lectures from 6.30 p.m. until 10.00 p.m.... non-stop and a with a preliminary warning that they would not stop at all... those who wanted to break their fast had to silently leave the classroom and return back afterwards... bahhh... then... I would totally miss half of the lesson! They really gave me an enough time... An enough time to make my tummy grumbled in jazz and samba... An enough time to make my vision blurred, my motion unsteady and my emotions went frantic... This is the naked fact! If I were in the States... perhaps I wouldn't mind... If I were in Australia... perhaps I wouldn't mind... If I were in UK... I perhaps wouldn't mind... but to be in my own country... the so-called "Islamic country"... this kind of situation is beyond amazement! Anyway, that is part of my bittersweet experience... an unforgettable experience... to further my study and be the only Muslim in the class...

Today, when I broke my fast... I remembered all those moments... the tear glands almost activate themselves... I'm thankful today for I am still alive to breath in another Ramadhan, to be with my beloved family and friends and above all... to be able to be thankful to my Lord... for the strength that He gives me... for the tranquility, the sanity and everything that has enabled me to function as me... the I... the what I am...

Before resting these fingers from tapping this keyboard... I wish to wish a Happy Birthday for my beloved brother, Arif and my landlord cum housemate, Siti... May both of you have a blessed birthday in this blessed month! :-) Good nite!

No comments: