Wednesday, December 11, 2002

Episode 1

The sister was busy. She was busy cleaning and rearranging beds and cupboards in the room. The elder sister was lying on bed... sleeping. When the elder sister woke up, the room was arranged differently. There was no space to move around. There was not even a space for the elder sister to squeeze herself to go out from the room. The elder sister cried, "Uwaaa... along tau la along nih gumuk tapi jangan la aniaya along camni sekali." The wail went on and on and on...

Episode 2

Everybody was there. It was a happy and merry party. The dining table was loaded with delicious food... just like Hogwart's banquet hall. A seat on my right was empty. The party has already begun. We were eating and exchanging gossips, news and plain talks. Suddenly, entered a husband and wife. The husband chose to sit beside me... at the empty seat on my right. He directed the wife to seat with the others at the end of the table. He smiled at me. A smile that contained the meaning of the thousands. He started eating his meals. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my right lap. Iurghhh... it was his. I froze. Uneasiness swept over me. What this married fella was thinking? His wife was there... not far from him. I tried to silently shake it off... but to no avail. He realised my uneasiness. He lifted his hand and looked at me in the eyes... gave me that smile... again...

Episode 3

It was a kampung house. A typical Perak house. Many known faces were there. The front lawn was crowded. There was a martial art demonstration. A demonstration by the guru himself. The lady was upstairs watching the demonstration from against the wooden windows. She felt alone amidst the crowd. The guru finished his performance and he went upstairs to rest and drink a cup of coffee. Everybody was trying to please and serve him. The lady was shy and inferior indeed. She kept herself hidden behind the door of one of the rooms. The guru noticed her. He moved towards her ignoring the others. He asked her softly and almost fatherly, "Kenapa? Ada masalah ke? Cerita la kiranya ada masalah." He threw the gentlest smile and the most concerned facial expression to the lady. Touched... speechless... she cried and cried and cried...

The Sea of Fertility... a tetralogy by Yukio Mishima. A great tetralogy for those who are fascinated about dreams and reincarnation. A once soulmate of mine has suggested for me to keep a dream diary i.e. to record my daily dreams in a diary. He has fascinating ideas and knowledge about dreams. Dream is almost like life itself. Life is the resemblance of our dreams. Dreams can also be our premonition about the future.

Errrmmmm... why am I rambling about dreams at this hour? The truth bites...

Recently, sleep is distasteful. It is far worse than insomnia itself. I talk in my sleep... frequently even during the afternoon nap. I have nightmares... frequent nightmares. Every few hours I would wake up in bewilderment finding myself chanting slurred words. Sleep has become an enemy. Fatigue is all over me eventhough I have slept early at night and have a catnap during the day. The restless sleep that I am experiencing immobilise my senses and mental faculty. How I wish I have that peaceful quality sleep once again... the sleep where dreams are totally void... huarrgghhhh... wishing and keep wishing...

No comments: