Tuesday, April 01, 2003

April Fool day diction: ACHLUOPHOBIA - fear of darkness

suddenly at 1.30 a.m last night.... the whole area was cut off from its electricity supply... as usual... i was still wide awake around that time listening to mp3s and doing some readings... when the light went off... i could still remain calm and undisturbed... i slowly groping in the dark tried to find my way to my parents' room... knock... knock... i was practically disturbing their sleep... in the total darkness i hollered for ayah... luckily he woke up and gave me the torchlight... puhhh... lega gilos... since i was the only one who badly needed the power at such late hour... i went to the main box and tried to become miss mcgyver... blewp... it was not working... i peeked through the window... yup! confirmed! that was a tnb related power failure... total darkness...

having no idea of what i was going to do next... i decided to sleep... what else... when i closed my eyes... my ears became very sensitive... i could hear all the creepy night sounds... wild imaginations were formed in my mind...

i unwillingly imagined that i was in my grave being questioned by the angels... i unwillingly imagined some horrifying creatures tried to strangle me to death... i unwillingly recollected all those horror movies that i once watched especially the recent one... darkness falls... i unwillingly imagined that there was a tall white ugly monster trying to eat me alive... i unwillingly imagined all those creepy dragons, orcs and even smeagol were trying to get me in the darkness... iurggghhhhsss... all these wild imaginations were drenching my thoughts and my whole body... i was soaked in my own perspiration... i badly needed a fan... i opened my eyes... there it was... total darkness... i was screaming silently for light...

this left me with no choice... i crept into alfonso's room... pushed him aside to give me some space... i tried to sleep beside alfonso on that buggy filled mattress... iurgghh... still... it was not working... my imaginations still ran amok... then i decided to switch on the torchlight all night long... better... at least i could get some kind of a restless and stuffy sleep... alternately i woke up within half an hour... this was bad... my mind then raced to iraq... wondering whether they were sleeping in total darkness just like what i was experiencing... hmmm... count your blessing mummy! at least your ears didn't fall on the horrible sounds of shells and the rattle tattle of gun shots!

alas! at 4.30 in the morning... when alfonso went out to the loo with the weak battery torchlight... the power was back... alhamdulillah... i felt so tired... my t-shirt was all soaked... and... i later realised that i was an achluophobia... hmmm... i better buy some scented candles then... in case the power is out again... i can both have some lights in my room and make it smell nice too... a nice aroma theraphy session... hehe... perghhh... what a torturous experience that i had last night...

i guess... april has really fooled me... :]

No comments: