Sunday, February 08, 2009

A Grumpy Old Maid!

My tears cannot stop pouring. Out of hunger at most.

Everything is wrong today. As if everything is against me. I woke up early to do my laundry as early as 5 a.m. While waiting, I tried to get hooked on to the net but the GPRS connection made me impatient. I accidentally slept after half an hour and woke up at the smell of fried fish from the kitchen. That already made me a bit jittery and angry. The washing machine is next to the stove and my clothes would get smelly. I was already angry at my sister/s for not waking me up before frying those keropok lekor. Luckily the smell did not penetrate the machine and seep into the fabrics. Luckily it was not the real fish, else, things would get even worse. I went out to hang my clothes. Happy with the sun and the strong wind. No longer that angry.

Keropok lekor in the morning would never satisfy my tummy. My hands were still shaking for real food. A fussy diabetic. We tried to wake my brother [hmmm...] up from his slumber but he only was up and about after three hours from this first event. Ayah asked him to get something real for breakfast. I was really hungry and went to bed in the hope that when I woke up the hunger would go away. But, it didn’t go away. I was even hungrier and angrier.

I managed to get a bit of sleep where in the midst I woke up with another smell. The smell of smoke from outside. My anger was greatly enhanced. Somebody put fire on their piles of garbage and the smoke was everywhere surrounding the house. My clothes! I dashed to the kitchen and almost screaming I scolded the one who did that, in which I didn’t know who. My sisters were panicking observing my early morning tantrums. Dila tried to soothe me by saying, “ Ala Long biasa la tuh... orang kampong.” I barked at her and said, “Orang kampong la yang patutnya lebih prihatin, lebih faham konsep kejiranan! Bakar la sampah waktu petang lepas orang angkat baju, dah jadi bodoh ke apa semua orang kat dunia ni! Benda basic pun tak mau ingat lagi nak kecoh pasal isu Gaza la, isu rebut kuasa la! Stupid!” Yeah... basically that was the line [with a bit of exaggeration]. Yeah, I am a bit fussy about smelly clothes. My sister always told me that I got smelly and stinky at the end of the day. Now, how could I wear a smelly dress in the morning? Imagine how smelly and stinky I would become at the end of the day. Fullstop.

It is now 12 noon. I got all mad again. With my enhanced hunger, with my brother [who only is nice towards his girlfriend and no longer towards me], with my neighbour who made my clothes smelly, with my sisters who escaped themselves by going for sightseeing somewhere at Masjid Tanah [they always choose to ignore me whenever], with my another neighbour who is making noise with his grass cutter machine from morning up until now, with the slow internet connection, and the most is with MY OWN SELF for not being able to keep my sanity intact and be virtuously patient.

Fuhhh! This is hard man!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

babe... I am angry at myself! Ain't that the worse kind ever???? Keep it cool. Being angry is not as bad as being depressed. How about "saya bersedia untuk mati"? Does it remind you to someone dear to us? We are way too young to suffer so much. Let's face the challenges the world has to offer.